Our team is led by John Muter and Greg Driver, construction experts with unmatched experience in construction management and State Construction Office oversight.
The Construction Manager at Risk delivery allows for public or private owners to contract with an architect for design and with a construction manager (CMR) for early input during the design process. At the conclusion of the design phase, the CMR establishes a Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP). With such early input from the construction team and key trusted trade contractors, the project is better positioned for success in terms of cost, schedule and quality. This delivery method also supports a more collaborative approach, full disclosure of contractor project and cost information and a savings return to the owner.
The Muter team brings an unprecedented level of expertise with this delivery method. Our team is led by John Muter and Greg Driver, construction experts with unmatched experience in construction management and State Construction Office oversight. Instrumental in writing the CMR legislation in North Carolina, John has delivered more than $1billion in CMR projects throughout his career. As Director of the State Construction Office, Greg was responsible for managing the state’s $6+ billion Capital Improvement Program and for executing all state CMR contracts.
We use industry-leading systems throughout the entire construction process, including:
- iSqft, Procore Bid Management and Building Connected for the trade contractor solicitation, prequalification and bidding
- Primavera P6 and MS Project for planning and scheduling
- Procore for project management. Projects are set up on the platform and shared with the owner, the design team and other key stakeholders. Using Procore, the entire project team is allowed better visibility, RFI’s are quickly identified and resolved, and the entire approval process is standardized, saving time. Submittals are organized and logged by division, shop drawings are added, and our team marks up and stamps submittals directly in Procore.
- Sage for cost tracking and accounting.
Construction services include:
- Project Budgeting
- Bid Packaging + Procurement Strategies
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Planning + Strategies
- Market Research, Labor + Supply Chain Planning
- Site Logistics + Project Scheduling
- Weekly Safety Inspections
- Quality Assurance + Quality Control